Ecommerce website design is the process of creating an online store for your business to sell digitally to target consumers. To design an ecommerce website, you need to plan, conceptualize, and arrange your content and products for effective display on the Internet.
Good ecommerce website designs have 4 key elements — clear navigation, effective information architecture, optimized product landing pages, easy checkout. All of them combined sum up to great usability.
Here are the steps you need to take to build an ecommerce website even if you don’t know how to code.
- Research and decide on your niche
- Identify the products you want to sell
- Develop your business model
- Find an ecommerce platform or ecommerce website builder
- Choose your business name and register a domain
- Set up payment methods
- Test out and publish your ecommerce store